Long time, no post, it wasn’t that I didn’t have things to say, rather it was a case of that I couldn’t find the correct words to say them. I am finally back in Australia. I arrived back in June of last year, and I returned to Brisbane at the end of January this year. This blog has been mostly quiet for the last 5 years, though my life has been anything but quiet.
The quick summary of my life events to date, are given below:
- Returned to Japan at the end of November 2014.
- Began job searching in Japan.
- Returned to Australia in order to attend my paternal grandmother’s funeral in Valentine’s Day 2015.
- Returned to Japan 7th of March to resume job searching.
- I found work on July 2015. It lasted until October 2016.
- In September 2016, I purchased an image board and have been administering it along with a small team of staff ever since.
- I resumed job searching and found work on July 2017. It lasted till April 2018.
- I returned to Australia in June of 2018. I have spent the last 6 months resting, catching up with family and readjusting to life in Australia. (yes reverse culture shock is a thing) and began job searching in January 2019, I found work on the 1st of May.
But as they say, the devil are in the details, and all the little adventures and stories will eventually come out of the woodwork, as I once again find the words to express everything that I experience.
A summary of the recent highlights include,
- my first ever pub crawl which happened 2 days ago and was very interesting and included air hockey, basketball, watching people falling off a mechanical bull after signing liability waivers , suspicious free strawberry creams from a pale imitation venue that attempts to caricaturize food and beverage venues I enjoyed so much in Texas. (Johnny Ringos is to Spring Creek BBQ and Dickeys Barbecue Pit as Outback Steakhouse is to the traditional family Australian BBQ or Black Hide Steakhouse or Norman Hotel (Brisbane’s worst vegetarian restaurant ®) ) , This isn’t the sort of word game you could put on an IQ test though., and discovering the remains of a secret tunnel that was used to sneak away payroll from the casino. Though to be honest, I prefer 飲み放題 to pub crawls, because you stay longer in once place so you can enjoy the ambiance and the price is fixed for drinks and you can order food as well.
- Resuming playing badminton socially after more than 10 years of not having somewhere to play
- my culinary skills reaching the level of weaponization , at least for a specific set of dishes (e.g. once you start eating the cooked food, you can’t stop, you want to stop but you can’t because the deliciousness overwhelms you), or in Japanese (飛び切りおいしい)
- Replacement of my umbrella , (I have a new my umbrella, to replace the old one that I had for over 14 years). It is amazing, handmade by Moira Igra as was the experience of meeting her and seeing her factory. If you need a new umbrella, then I highly recommend her umbrellas.
I will try and post more regularly in future, and you will see more updates to the existing pages and themes and features on this site over time.
Benjamin Southall aka Appleman1234 🙂
One Response to Back downunder
please appleman i need more posts please write more my children are starving my crops are withering