Being trying to get QUT’s services working with Gentoo properly. I lost my usb stick this morning. (The silver one that was 1GB but Windows damaged to 512mb and that is currently partitioned as FAT32)
H drve only works using mount (smbclient gives an error) so I made a bash script to mount my H: drive for me, I also got Wireless Printing working using CUPS (this will make my life so much easier.)
1. Click Administration tab, Click Add Printer
2. Type in a valid / relevant name , description and location, click continue
3. For device choose Windows Printer via Samba, click continue
4. Paste the device URI QUT provides (with the Mac OS X howto) changing your username and password
5. For Make choose Generic, and click continue
6. For model choose PostScript Printer Foomatic/Postscript (recommended) and click continue
7. Choose your preferred printing options
8. Done CUPS and hence Linux now can print over Wireless or Wired 🙂
9. Rush to M block / V block to buy more printer / internet credit.
10. Realise it is late and they are closed
11. Sigh 😛
At least I will be able to print out my next MAB220 Assignment wirelessly instead of letting it sit in the printing queue for 4 to 5 hours . UPDATE: Apparently colour printing costs same as black and white when using CUPS, but I am yet to test this…. (Thanks Chadders)
I was going to mention this in the last post, but I want to know why virtually noone (Yes you all do when you deseperately need my help…) on my MSN list is proactive and initiates a conversation with me when I come online.
Or why so many people can’t be bothered to read what I am upto and instead I am required to regurgitate for their benefit. If people liked listening to my audio blogs more, I am happy to do that as well …
I am off to either head home, or get some assignment work done ,
The question today is Do you like waffles ?
Best of luck to you all,
Benjamin Southall aka Appleman1234 🙂